Wednesday, May 7, 2014

So what's the point



I have a handful of guitars that fall into the $300 and less price range, and I also have a Martin D-35.

I am very happy and satisfied with the way all my guitars sound. As a specific example, I recently bought a used Epiphone Hummingbird Artist for less than $200. I am very impressed with the way it plays and sounds. I won't say that it sounds just like my Martin, because it doesn't. It does sound different, but I really can't say that either guitar sounds better or worst. All I can say is they both sound different.

I'm just a hack when it comes to playing, but I enjoy it and manage to entertain myself. For me, the take away is that someone does not need to drop what might be considered a small bundle to take up playing for a hobby.

If you have always wanted to play guitar, there is absolutely nothing standing in your way. As the old Nike shoe commercial used to say - Just Do It!

No comments:

Post a Comment